A frog eye piercing is a type of vertical piercing located on the bridge of the nose. It involves puncturing the skin with a small gauge needle and inserting a piece of jewelry through the hole.
The frog eye piercing is a bold and unique way to express yourself through body modification. This piercing is becoming increasingly popular among those who want a piercing that stands out from the rest. The piercing is done on the bridge of the nose, with the jewelry appearing to sit on the surface of the skin, giving the illusion of two frog eyes.
The process involves placing a small gauge needle through the skin, and then inserting jewelry that is specifically designed for the frog eye piercing. While it may not be the most common piercing, those who choose to get a frog eye piercing are sure to make a statement.
What Is Frog Eye Piercing, And What Makes It Unique?
Frog eye piercing: what is it and what makes it unique?
Looking for a trend that stands out from the rest? Look no further than frog eye piercing. This unique and eye-catching trend is taking the piercing world by storm, and for good reason! We’ll explore the origins of frog eye piercing, how it differs from other piercing trends, and the various types of jewelry used in these piercings.
The Origins Of Frog Eye Piercing
Though it’s a relatively new trend, frog eye piercing has already made a name for itself in the piercing world. This type of piercing takes its inspiration from the natural shape of the frog’s bulging eyeballs and is typically done on the lower part of the earlobe.
How It Differs From Other Piercing Trends
Frog eye piercing is unique in a few ways. For one, the placement of the piercing is not your typical lobe piercing – it’s lower and closer to the jawline. Additionally, the type of jewelry used in frog eye piercings is usually larger and more statement-making than your standard earrings.
This piercing is all about making a bold statement!
Types Of Jewelry Used In Frog Eye Piercings
Because frog eye piercings are larger in size, the jewelry used in these piercings is typically more noticeable than your standard studs. Some popular options include:
- Hoops: Thin or thick, gold or silver, hoops are a classic choice for frog eye piercings. Many people opt for larger hoops to really make a statement with their piercing.
- Barbells: A barbell is a great option for a more understated look. These can be curved or straight and come in a variety of metals and styles.
- Statement earrings: Some people really go all out with their frog eye piercing and opt for statement earrings that sit on or around the piercing. Think dangles, chains, and intricate designs.
Frog eye piercing is a unique and bold trend that is sure to turn heads. If you’re looking to make a statement with your next piercing, consider giving this trend a try!
The Pros And Cons Of Getting A Frog Eye Piercing
Frog Eye Piercing: The Pros And Cons Of Getting One
Are you thinking about getting a new piercing? If so, you might have come across frog eye piercing – a popular type of facial piercing – during your research. While the appearance of a frog eye piercing may be alluring, it’s essential to consider the pros and cons before making a decision.
Aesthetics And Self Expression
An increasingly large number of individuals are getting frog eye piercing as a means of self-expression. Here are a few things to keep in mind when thinking about the aesthetics of getting one:
- Frog eye piercings are versatile and available in various sizes, shapes, and designs to fit your preferences.
- The piercing gives your face a unique look, improving your overall appearance.
- They are flashy with great potential to complement an individual’s facial features.
Pain Level And Healing Time
Pain and the healing period are significant concerns for anyone considering getting a new piercing, and frog eye piercing is no exception. Here’s what you need to know:
- Pain during piercing depends on an individual’s tolerance, but typically, this piercing should be less painful than other facial piercings.
- A frog eye piercing will heal completely between six and twelve weeks, depending on factors like aftercare and individual healing ability.
- Swelling and discomfort are normal and can be reduced by following proper aftercare procedures.
Potential Risks And Complications
Like all piercings, there are some risks and complications involved with getting a frog eye piercing. It’s important to consider these before going ahead with the piercing. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The risk of infection increases if you don’t follow aftercare procedures or if you touch the piercing too often, especially with dirty hands.
- If the piercing is not done correctly, it may lead to damage to the tissues under the eye, causing severe complications and even permanent damage.
- Some people may be allergic to the jewelry, making it essential to opt for high-quality jewelry.
Before getting a frog eye piercing, it’s important to understand the pros and cons, as well as taking necessary precautions before and after the procedure to avoid complications. Remember to only use professional piercers, go for high-quality jewelry, and always follow the aftercare procedures provided.
What To Expect During And After Your Frog Eye Piercing Appointment
Frog eye piercing: what to expect during and after your appointment
If you’re interested in getting a frog eye piercing, it’s important to know what to expect both during and after your appointment. This unique piercing is located on the top of the eye’s orbicularis muscle and requires careful consideration before and after.
Finding A Trusted And Professional Piercer
When getting a frog eye piercing, it’s essential to find a trusted and professional piercer who has experience in this type of piercing. Here are some key points to consider:
- Research reputable piercing shops in your area and read reviews.
- Look for a piercer who has completed a piercing apprenticeship and is certified.
- Schedule a consultation with your chosen piercer to discuss the piercing process, aftercare, and any concerns you may have.
The Importance Of Proper Aftercare
Proper aftercare is crucial for ensuring the piercing heals correctly and minimizing the risk of infection or other complications. Here are some key points to consider:
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated and promote healing.
- Avoid touching the piercing with dirty hands or letting others touch it.
- Use saline solution to clean the piercing twice a day.
- Avoid sleeping on the pierced side to prevent irritation and swelling.
Recommended Healing Techniques And Products
Healing a frog eye piercing can take several weeks, and it’s essential to use proper techniques and products during this time. Here are some key points to consider:
- Ice can be used to reduce swelling and discomfort for the first 2-3 days after the piercing.
- After the first three weeks, start using tea tree oil to promote healing and reduce scarring.
- Avoid using makeup or other products around the piercing until it has fully healed.
- Wear protective eyewear when participating in contact sports or other activities that could damage the piercing.
A frog eye piercing is an exciting and unique piercing option, but it’s essential to carefully consider the piercing process, aftercare, and products used during the healing process. Follow these guidelines, and you’ll be well on your way to a successful and beautiful piercing.
How To Choose The Best Location For Your Frog Eye Piercing
Frog eye piercing is a trendy type of facial piercing that can add a unique touch to your appearance. It’s a type of orbital piercing that passes through the skin above and below the eye, which creates a circular band around the eye.
If you’re planning on getting frog eye piercing, you must choose a suitable location that enhances your facial features. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the different placements for frog eye piercings, factors to consider when choosing a location and popular celebrities and influencers with frog eye piercings.
The Different Placements For Frog Eye Piercings
When it comes to choosing the placement for your frog eye piercing, there are four primary options to consider:
- Top to bottom: This placement runs from the upper brow ridge down to the lower socket, making a complete circle around the eye.
- Inside to outside: It runs from inside the inner corner of the eye to outside the outer corner of the eye, making a half-circle or a complete circle.
- Outside to inside: This placement starts on the outer corner of the eye and goes inside the inner corner of the eye, making a half-circle or a complete circle.
- Horizontal: In this placement, the piercing goes straight from one end of the eye to the other end, following the curve of the eye.
Factors To Consider When Choosing A Location
Before you decide on the placement for your frog eye piercing, there are several factors you need to consider:
- Skill and experience of the piercer: Make sure you choose a professional and experienced piercer who understands the intricacies of this piercing.
- Size and shape of your eye: Your eye’s size and shape will determine which placement will suit you the most.
- Skin’s thickness and elasticity: Soft, supple, and flexible skin is easier to pierce and heal than thick, tight, or inflexible skin.
- Comfort and healing: It’s important to choose a placement where the piercing won’t interfere with your vision as it heals.
Popular Celebrities And Influencers With Frog Eye Piercings
Frog eye piercing became popular among celebrities and influencers, and many have gotten this piercing in unique and trendy ways. Some of the celebrities with frog eye piercing include:
- Ashley piercings (top to bottom) – ashley benson, amanda bynes.
- Bridge piercings (inside to outside) – post malone
- Horizontal piercings – lil nas x
- Double frog piercing – kehlani
Choosing the right placement for your frog eye piercing is a crucial decision. Don’t make it hastily, and carefully consider all the factors involved. Talk with a professional piercer to understand which placement will suit your facial features the most.
With the right placement, you can make a bold fashion statement and showcase your unique style.
Frequently Asked Questions On Frog Eye Piercing
What Is A Frog Eye Piercing?
A frog eye piercing is a type of facial piercing that goes through the skin surrounding the eye.
Does A Frog Eye Piercing Hurt?
Yes, a frog eye piercing can be painful due to the sensitive location of the piercing. It is recommended to consult a professional and experienced piercer for this piercing.
How Long Does It Take For A Frog Eye Piercing To Heal?
The healing process for a frog eye piercing can take anywhere from 6 to 12 months to fully heal. It’s important to follow proper aftercare instructions to avoid complications.
What Are The Risks Of Getting A Frog Eye Piercing?
Some risks of getting a frog eye piercing include infection, scarring, nerve damage, and vision impairment. It’s important to research and consult a professional piercer before getting this piercing.
What Is The Cost Of Getting A Frog Eye Piercing?
The cost of a frog eye piercing varies depending on the location, piercer, and jewelry used. It can range from $50 to $200 or more. It’s important to invest in a trustworthy and experienced piercer for this type of piercing.
Frog eye piercing is a unique type of body modification that is gaining popularity, especially among younger generations. It involves a small stud placed at the edge of the iris, creating an illusion of a frog’s eye. This piercing is not without risks, and it is essential to seek a reputable and experienced piercing artist to ensure safety and a pleasant experience.
As with any piercing, proper aftercare is crucial to avoid complications and infections. If you are considering a frog eye piercing, take the time to do your research, understand the risks involved, and get it done from a reputable piercer.
Always prioritize your health and safety over the desire to look trendy. Remember, body modifications are a personal choice, and it is essential to make informed decisions for your body and overall well-being.